Increasing the usage in GitHub projects.
Big companies like Airbnb support its use and claim that using it would significantly reduce potential errors.
With so many people loving it I decided to learn the basics and this is what I have learned that it can offer.
- SUPERSET of JS, the same language but with consistency in types.
- The main advantage is strict typing, you can type everything, from variables to the parameters of a function, and even the structure of an object.
- The ability to find these obvious yet frequently occurring errors this early makes it a lot easier to manage your code with types.
- Types make code management easier and more predictable.
But… Not all that glitters is gold, some disadvantages that you should consider:
- Apply type may make you slower in the first instance, in the long term it is better but you have to get used to it.
- Required compilation.
And that’s it, folks, I hope you enjoy this little piece of info about TypeScript and maybe consider applying it in some project.