5 tools for Designing, Developing, and Testing Accessibility:
- This tool provides a wide array of color and contrast checking abilities along with simulators to test you design again visual disabilities.
- Stark has plugins to go in various design tools, but also in chrome.
- WAVE is powered by WebAim and functions similarly to Deque’s AXE extensions.
- An interesting element of WAVE’s functionality is that it give an accessibility markup over the entire site.
- ANDI (Accessible Name & Description Inspector) is a free accessibility testing tool.
- ANDI allows you to inspect your page on the basis of accessible names which come in handy especially if you’re working with interactive elements.
- Checks React (
.tsx), Vue (
.vue), HTML (
.htm), and Markdown (
.markdown) files so you can avoid common accessibility defects. Angular (
HTML) is not currently supported.
ESlint Accessibility Plugins
- There several different plugin depending on what framework/ tech stack you’re working with.
- I work a lot in React so my team frequently uses this plugin:
from Tumblr https://generouspiratequeen.tumblr.com/post/657305916292661248